Thursday, May 3, 2007
Mi Mad
I am really appalled and somewat nauseous by a video I received from my cousin today showing the beating of the cross-dresser in Falmouth last Saturday. Men with sticks, women with sticks. The words "Beat di blood klaat bwai", and as the woman beat him, the chant, "Yes, a 'oman fi beat him." And the mob continued. I can see the faces of the people. I can hear the words they shout. Somewhere in there a male voice says, "No, nuh do him dat; leff him." He ran the risk of being seen as an accomplice. But it was the one voice of decency in that mob. The young man was in blood on the street. WHO HAS BEEN CHARGED??? To date, I have not heard of any arrests. But that mob committed a crime - they wounded a defenceless young man. Where is the honour in that? I trust every police personnel in Trelawny sleeps well at night. A travesty in their parish and they rest easy. No sanctions by the police high command. Not an eyebrow raised.And as a colleague pointed out to me earlier this week, she is even more incensed that the media has photographs of the event for publication. How callous. We have adopted the US standards - photo for sale to the highest bidder, regardless of who or what it depicts. It is not about helping a victim, it's about making a buck from someone's misfortune.To set upon and beat, maim and kill a man who committed a crime is one thing (and very wrong too); but to set upon, beat and injure a man for dressing like a woman is downright criminal!!!!The gays all over the world now know about Jamaica and will use every power at their command to 'screw' us. (Memba seh wi depen' pon tourism fi survive!!!!!)I am ...human, woman, mother ... and definitely not homosexual.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment